Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Back to Back Big Rides

This past weekend was a big one for all the training that I have been doing both out/indoor. I went riding both Sat and Sun, and finished strong after doing 95 miles each day. woohoo!!

Beginning the day ...


First ride was a real challenge - we not only had one of the toughest climb going up Willson Hill Rd in Petaluma. A steady climb of 25 minutes at slow speed of 6 mph :( I tried my best - but the sun kept beating me down. I plan to ace this hill soon!! The descent was fast and quick - straight into a Lunch Cafe. I have never felt comfortable doing any physical work on a full stomach - but I gave the Eggplant/Bell pepper sandwich an opportunity!. Soon after lunch we were back on the saddle, and there was a 5.5 mile climb on the backside of Willson Hill. The climb was not as tough but the entire 5.5 mile was an exposed road - not a tree in sight!. I was warned beforehand.



I was out again on Sunday for ride number#2 for the wknd to China Beach State park and Lucas Valley Rd. Even though it is called Lucas Valley Rd, it is to trick you - it actually becomes a hill soon. So here I was climbing another hill for the first time, and it took every ounce of my energy. But the descent was through some of the most beautiful Redwood Trees, and I also passed "Skywalker" ranch - owner - George "Star Wars" Lucas!

No comments:

Post a Comment