Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I'm a convert!

I never thought I would be doing Yoga, Pilates or BOSU ever - I was stubborn about only doing weights training. It was not until I started preparing and increasing my riding distances that I realized that I have neglected working on my cardio and core part of the body. To become a good rider it is imperative that you have a strong core. It is your core (abdominal muscles together with your back) - what the legs depend on to keep moving strongly and steadily. Once the core gets tired - the body starts to lack the riding form, and this is how you get injured.

Also, I intend to be a fast and strong rider besides doing long century rides. So I gave pilates, yoga, and BOSU a shot. I can now say that I do these every morning religiously!

I have found that BOSU is particularly good on knees and ankles. So people who have trouble running on concrete pavements, I feel like stopping people - especially while living in the city, should give it a try. You will not get a 100% jogging experience but you will work your "cardio base" and through stabilization effort build your "core".

Here is a video demo of BOSU:


How+to+Do+a+Plank+Combinations+With+a+Bosu+Ball -- powered by http://www.livestrong.com

No comments:

Post a Comment